Ion Glass Limited
Ion Glass offers a comprehensive service for fully bespoke architectural and structural glass
Area of work
Every structural glass project we undertake is unique. We work with architects, builders and project managers to ensure every installation meets specific individual requirements.
As specialists in conservation, heritage and ecclesiastical installations we are familiar with the demands of working in sensitive environments, ensuring our product has minimal impact on the original structure and beauty of the building.
Our work includes bespoke glass doors and entrance porches; structural glass screens, glass linkways, balustrades; rooflights and walk on glass floors.
We offer a ‘one-stop shop’ for glass requirements within a project, providing a complete service from design to installation. Our technical expertise ensures our results are fully functional and compliant, however challenging the brief.
Computer-aided measuring techniques guarantee a perfect fit around arches; hand-carved stone, corbels or woodwork and out of true walls and floors.
The Ion Glass service includes:
• Pre-contract site meetings as required, to ensure we fully recognise and understand all aspects of your project
• Detailed CAD drawings
• Specialist structural glass calculations
• Accurate and comprehensive estimates
• Supply of all appropriate fixings, brackets and fittings including bespoke manufacture if appropriate
• Supply and installation of all your structural glass individually manufactured to the requirements of your project
• Full management of all installation logistics
• Fully compliant results that meet (and often exceed) industry standards of quality and finish
• Full construction industry accreditations including ISO 9000, SSIP and CHAS
• Liaison with relevant organisations and bodies if necessary (especially applicable to heritage, conservation and ecclesiastical projects)
• A personal approach that ensures you can always liaise directly with someone who is familiar with your project
Heritage and Conservation Projects
Ion Glass are proud to have installed structural glass in many famous & historic monuments, churches & cathedrals including Tate Britain; Canterbury, Chichester and St David’s Cathedrals; The Natural History Museum and the Tower of London along with many treasured town and village churches, private heritage homes and listed buildings.